Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I think, therefore I am

One of my favourite quote, or you can say life philosophy is: "I think, therefore I am". I was thinking to write about it today when I found out that it has actually been said by some well known philosopher called René Descartes.

As in Latin it is "Cogito, ergo sum" or "I am thinking, therefore I exist". I haven't read his work, so I am not sure in which context he used this term, but I strongly believe that unless we, as in ourself believe in our being, our importance, only then we can actually claim our existence in this insensitive world.

8 Comments:

At 12:20 pm, Blogger Farrukh said...

Some people think the other way round.
"I am, therefore I think".

 
At 12:28 pm, Blogger Tauqeer said...

@Farrukh: Yes, you are right, but I guess it has completely different meanings.

To me, "I am, therefore I think" is very simple statement, with least amount of philosophy involved, or in other words, very obvious :). (unless I am not getting the point here)

 
At 9:36 am, Blogger M said...

People can keep drifting through life without Thinking.

People who think, ponder, analyse, plan, sometimes even spending sleepess nights over it etc, wouldn't just drift through life aeween.

Right you are tauqeer. I quite liked the quote!

 
At 9:39 am, Blogger Tauqeer said...

@Mysh: Jee, thanks for your input.

 
At 8:53 pm, Blogger Betty and Wilma said...

Thanks for you open opinion. We need people like you, who speak their mind honestly. Well, take care and see you around!

 
At 12:48 pm, Blogger Tauqeer said...

@Betty and Wilma: Thanks for dropping by:)

 
At 6:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this quote a lot.. we think, make an opinion and get to know ourselves and be known to the others by our viewpoints.. hence we prove ourselves as an entity of some worth..

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Tauqeer said...

@mindandbeyond: Yes, perhaps that's the other way of saying the same thing :)

Thank you so much for dropping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home