Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tourist restaurant

Yesterday, I went with my mate to get eye sight tested. I do wear spectacles since the age of 13, so not that I went it for the first time, although this eye test was due since few years now, I wanted to get it done for contact lenses....I have experimented with the contacts before as well, and due to astigmatic nature of my eyes, it has always been a problem.

Anyway, it was done, surprisingly a helpful doctor, who seemed to know what he was doing...very rare in this part of the world..

Then we met another friend, who was still at work at 7.00 p.m , poor auditors life...had a good chat, got some silly pictures and then we went to a local Indian restaurant.

The reason of my post is to mention the restaurant named, Tourist restaurant. It is one of the old restaurants in the city, and I went to this place after 10-12 years....so in that sense it was a great experience. Although they have not upgraded their outlook as per the competition these days, but no doubt the food was great, and we sat at the same place as we all did, back in school days, when 6 of us school friends came to this restaurant on a birthday party and one of us had 100 rupee bank note with us, which was then torn and given a piece each, just so we can remember each other even after school.

Yes, I am guilty, as it was only reminded by my mate yesterday, if I do have that note piece with me, and I responded with a low voice may-be...

3 Comments:

At 9:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you getting new contact lenses? :O

By zee way, I remember my family taking out many times from one Indian restaurant in Kuwait... it was called "Mughal." Do you know if it is still there?

 
At 9:50 am, Blogger Tauqeer said...

If you mean, Mughal Mahal...than yes it is still around, they got some nice outlets around Kuwait now, good food.

 
At 12:12 pm, Blogger Tauqeer said...

and yes i had the contacts on trial for a day...din't work out very well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home